Belgian and EU Public Affairs Consultant
Expiration date: 14 February 2022
Country/City: Belgium, Brussels
Experience: 2-3 years
Contact name: Margreet Lommerts
Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr2 Consultants is looking to hire a Belgian and EU Public Affairs professional. Do you have a proven track record in Belgian and European politics or public affairs? Are you able and eager to support our clients in setting up and implementing their Public Affairs strategies both at Belgian and EU levels? Do you enjoy working closely together with your team in achieving results, but do you also thrive on taking on the responsibility for our clients? Then we definitely invite you to apply for this Belgian and EU Public Affairs Consultant vacancy.
What you will do:
- Actively monitor political and policy developments at Belgian and EU levels;
- Actively monitor parliamentary activity in key areas of interest at Belgian and EU levels;
- Strategically advise on public affairs priorities and activities;
- Strategically prioritize and translate broader business objectives into local initiatives;
- Strategic outreach to stakeholders.
- Fluency in English, French and Dutch.
- A proven track record of 2-3 years of experience in Belgian and/or EU Public Affairs;
- Thorough knowledge of the Belgian (regional and federal levels) and EU political decision-making processes.
Who are we looking for?
- Solid experience in digital policy is an advantage;
- The ability to manage clients independently, cope with multiple priorities and coordinate the activities with your colleagues;
- University level education (Master’s degree), preferably in an area related to European studies, political sciences, economics or law;
- Previous consultancy experience is an asset;
- A solid network at Belgian level is an asset:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Business acumen.
- A challenging and growing environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- A dynamic and international team of Public Affairs professionals;
- An attractive and competitive salary.
Terms and conditions
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to Ms. Margreet Lommerts (email@example.com). Applications should be sent no later than 14 February 2022 with ‘Application Belgian and EU Public Affairs Consultant’ in the subject line of the email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Dr2 Consultants
Dr2 Consultants is a dynamic Brussels-based consultancy firm. We provide companies, organizations and NGOs with guidance on EU and Belgian affairs in the digital, transport and sustainability policy domains. Dr2 Consultants is growing in a flourishing way and is looking to hire a talented consultant with an outspoken interest and expertise in our focus areas to support our international team.
To discover more about us, please visit our website (www.dr2consultants.eu).
Public Affairs Trainee
Expiration date: 02 February 2022
Country/City: Belgium, Brussels
Contact name: Tristan Schyns & Sara Orcalli
Dr2 Consultants is a dynamic Brussels-based consultancy firm that provides companies, organizations and NGOs with guidance on EU and Belgian affairs (www.dr2consultants.eu) in the digital, transport and sustainability policy domains. We are looking for a highly motivated trainee to assist our team.
- Preparing background notes, briefings, reports, and articles;
- Assisting consultants in conducting research, analysis and monitoring activities for their clients;
- Assist consultants in the development and execution of Public Affairs and communication strategies;
- Assisting consultants in their interest representation on behalf of their clients;
- Assist and learn to influence political decision-making through the development and execution of Public Affairs strategies.
Background and qualifications:
- Graduated from a Master’s degree in a relevant field such as European studies, Political Science, Communications or other relevant education;
- Previous internship experience within the European Institutions and/or Public Affairs is an asset;
- Language skills: Excellent spoken and written English (Native-speaker level or equivalent). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset;
- Strong PC skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc., as well as basic knowledge of social media, WordPress, Mailchimp. Knowledge of Adobe tools (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro, Premier Rush) would be an asset.
- Proactive and dynamic person with excellent communication and personal skills;
- Flexible work attitude, hands-on mentality, able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Sound interest in digital, transport and sustainability related policies at European level.
Terms and conditions:
- The post will be available starting from mid-February 2022;
- Duration: 6 months;
- The traineeship is remunerated under the conditions of the ‘Convention d’immersion professionnelle / Beroepsinlevingsstage’
To apply please send your CV and cover letter (in English) explaining why you would be the right candidate for this position to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Applications should be sent as soon as possible and no later than 2 February with ‘Application Public Affairs Trainee’ as subject line.