Dr2 Consultants is organizing a dedicated EU Affairs Training on 25 June, which reflects on the outcome of the European Parliamentary elections on 23-26 May. During the one-day training, we will provide you with an insight to the set-up of the new European Parliament, the forthcoming changes in the European Commission and we will give you an overview of how Public Affairs will be affected in the coming years. Furthermore, by demonstrating how to maximize the efficiency and outcomes of your engagement with decision-makers, our training will help you to effectively define and represent the interests of your business at EU-level.
During lunch, a Member of the European Parliament will elaborate on his/hers activities and experiences in the European Parliament followed by a Q&A with the participants (tbc).
Why is it important for you?
Our EU Affairs training is targeted to professionals both from the public and private sectors, whose work is impacted by EU policies. During the training, you will acquire knowledge on and experience in:
- The ins and outs of the EU inter-institutional relations and the decision-making procedures;
- The changing political dynamics in the aftermath of the European Parliamentary elections and projections of the new priorities of the European Commission;
- A comprehensive overview of an effective lobbying strategy, including tips and tricks from our experienced trainers on how to develop and communicate your messages;
- A case study that links theory to practice by the application of a lobbying plan, which takes the current political context into account.
The building blocks of the EU Affairs Training
EU at a glance
- The role of the EU institutions, inter-institutional relations;
- EU decision-making procedures;
- Outcome of the European Parliamentary elections and its impact on the EU priorities, balance of power and decision-making procedures;
- Priorities of the new European Commission.
Public Affairs in the EU
- The different steps of effectively develop and implement Public Affairs activities;
- Do’s and don’ts of lobbying in the EU institutions and the working culture within the “Brussels bubble”;
- The building blocks of an effective lobbying plan;
- Communication practices that support lobbying activities;
- Effective use of social media.
Public Affairs in practice - a case study
- Development of a lobbying plan applicable to a controversial legislative file, taking the political context of the European Parliamentary election results into account;
- Interactive, step-by-step guidance that helps you understand how to implement an effective lobbying plan, engage with EU institutions and find the loopholes in the EU decision-making procedures;
- Wrap-up by focusing on the lessons learned.
The one-day EU Affairs training will take place on Tuesday 25 June at Dr2 Consultants’ offices, located at Rue d’Arlon 69-71 in Brussels. Lunch is included in the program. The EU Affairs training is in English. No prior knowledge of the EU is required.
We ensure an interactive and dynamic setting that stimulates the participation of the attendees.
Price: € 750,00 (VAT excluded)
To register for the training, please click on the button below. Deadline to register: 19 June 2019 (included)
In case you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr2 Consultants also provides in-house EU Affairs trainings tailored to the needs of your organization. For more information, please contact us.