EU Affairs during the COVID-19 recovery phase
One-day EU Affairs Training combining theory and practice that helps you navigate the EU maze. This training focuses especially on the shifting priorities at EU level as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. You will participate in an interactive and dynamic setting in the heart of the EU quarter of Brussels.
24 September 2020
10:00 – 16:00Register
Price: €500,00 (excl. VAT)
What will I gain from this training?
- Learn the ins and outs of the EU inter-institutional relations and the decision-making procedures;
- Hear about the latest political dynamics and new priorities of the European Commission in light of the COVID-19 recovery phase;
- Learn about the building blocks of an effective Public Affairs strategy to develop the right conditions to strategically position your organization at EU level;
- Understand and learn how to apply effective and innovative lobbying tools and instruments to represent your interests during the COVID-19 recovery phase;
- Receive practical tips and tricks from our experienced trainers on how to develop and communicate your messages.
EU at a glance
- The role of the EU institutions, inter-institutional relations;
- EU decision-making procedures;
- Impact of the COVID-19 recovery phase on the EU priorities, balance of power and decision-making procedures.
Public Affairs in the EU
- The different steps of effective development and implementation of Public Affairs activities;
- Do’s and don’ts of lobbying in the EU institutions and the working culture within the ‘Brussels bubble’;
- The building blocks of an effective Public Affairs strategy;
- Communication practices that support Public Affairs activities.
Public Affairs in practice - a case study
- Development of a Public Affairs strategy applicable to a controversial legislative file in the context of the COVID-19 recovery phase;
- Interactive, step-by-step guidance that helps you understand how to implement an effective Public Affairs strategy, engage with EU institutions and find the loopholes in the EU decision-making procedures;
- Wrap-up by focusing on the lessons learned.