Dr2 Consultants is a dynamic Brussels-based consultancy firm that provides companies, organizations and NGOs with guidance on EU and Belgian affairs (www.dr2consultants.eu) in the digital, transport and sustainability policy domains. We are looking for a highly-motivated Dutch-speaking trainee to assist our team.
- Preparing background notes, briefings, reports, and articles;
- Assisting consultants in conducting research, analysis and monitoring activities for their clients;
- Assisting consultants in the development and execution of Public Affairs and communication strategies;
- Assisting consultants in their interest representation on behalf of their clients;
- Assisting and learning how to influence political decision-making through the development and execution of Public Affairs strategies;
- Assisting the Office Manager with day-to-day administrative duties.
Background and qualifications
- Graduated from a Master’s degree in a relevant field such as European studies, Political Science, Communication or other relevant education;
- Previous internship experience within the European Institutions and/or Public Affairs is an asset;
- Language skills: Excellent spoken and written Dutch and English (Native-speaker level or equivalent). Knowledge of other languages would be an asset;
- Strong PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Proactive and dynamic person with excellent communication and personal skills;
- Flexible work attitude, hands-on mentality, able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Sound interest in digital, transport and circular economy related policies at European (and Belgian) level.
Terms and conditions
- The post will be available starting from the beginning of March 2020;
- Duration: 6 months;
- The traineeship is remunerated under the conditions of the ‘Convention d’immersion professionnelle / Beroepsinlevingsstage’
To apply please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be the right candidate for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be sent as soon as possible and no later than 13 February COB with ‘Application Public Affairs Trainee’ as subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.