Dr2 Consultants is a dynamic Brussels-based consultancy firm that provides companies, organizations and NGOs with guidance on EU and Belgian affairs (www.dr2consultants.eu) in the digital, transport and sustainability policy domains. We are looking for a highly-motivated trainee to assist the Ecommerce Europe team.
Ecommerce Europe is the sole voice of the European Digital Commerce sector. As a result of joining forces with EMOTA, Ecommerce Europe now represents, via its 23 national associations, more than 100,000 companies selling goods and services online to consumers in Europe. Ecommerce Europe acts at European level to help legislators create a better framework for online merchants, so that their sales can grow further.
- Preparing background notes, briefings, reports, and articles;
- Assisting consultants in conducting research, analysis and monitoring activities for Ecommerce Europe;
- Assist consultants in the development and execution of Public Affairs and communication strategies;
- Assisting consultants in their interest representation on behalf of Ecommerce Europe;
- Assist and learn to influence political decision-making through the development and execution of Public Affairs strategies;
- Assisting the Office Manager with day-to-day administrative duties.
Background and qualifications
- Graduated from a Master’s degree in a relevant field such as European studies, Political Science, Communication or other relevant education;
- Previous internship experience within the European Institutions and/or Public Affairs is an asset;
- Language skills: Excellent spoken and written English (Native-speaker level or equivalent). Knowledge of other languages would be an asset;
- Strong PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Proactive and dynamic person with excellent communication and personal skills;
- Flexible work attitude, hands-on mentality, able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Sound interest in digital and circular economy related policies at European level.
Terms and conditions
- The post will be available from March 2020 (exact timing TBD);
- Duration: 6 months;
- The traineeship is remunerated under the conditions of the ‘Convention d’immersion professionnelle / Beroepsinlevingsstage’
To apply please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you would be the right candidate for this position to Ms. Maike Jansen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be sent as soon as possible and no later than 26 February COB with ‘Digital Public Affairs Trainee Ecommerce Europe’ as subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.