Public Affairs strategies
Building a successful Public Affairs strategy starts by developing an in-depth understanding of our client’s mission and interests.
Dr2 Consultants supports you in the strategic positioning of your organization in Brussels, taking into account your goals and targets for the mid to long-term, and identifying the tools you need to achieve your goals.
Our expertise in the development of Public Affairs strategies includes:
- Developing a targeted stakeholder mapping to engage with and influence key political stakeholders;
- Building a coalition to strengthen a lobby;
- Researching and continuously monitoring the relevant policy landscape and how developments affect your organization’s goals and interests, including behind-the-scenes intelligence;
- Establishing trustworthy relationships with key policy-makers in order to provide a credible representation of your organization;
- Ensuring that the Public Affairs strategy mitigates the risks and opportunities of the legislative environment, while bringing it close and aligned with your business requirements.
Your brand reflects what your company stands for. Consequently, reputation management is an integrated part of Dr2 Consultants’ approach to Public Affairs.
As an organization, your reputation defines your success. Today, the digital age has fundamentally changed the way businesses need to approach marketing communications, and this includes Public Affairs.
Dr2 Consultants can support you in defining your company’s story and what it represents.
Our expertise in reputation management includes:
- Identifying your key stakeholders and establishing relationship with them;
- Defining your storyline and the key messages that ensure your company’s reputation as a constructive partner;
- Supporting the development and implementation of your online and offline communication activities (e.g. social media campaigns, blog posts, vlogs, etc.);
- Analyzing your company’s reputation, including best practice assessment, monitoring competitors and best-in-class companies ;
- Management consulting and integrating reputation into the organization’s long-term strategy (e.g. CEO activism, defining company culture, etc.).
The Dr2 Academy provides you with the necessary knowledge and tools to effectively deliver messages at EU level. As a Public Affairs professional, much of your work is dedicated to getting the commitment of your organization in order to operate effectively in Brussels. The Dr2 Academy supports you and your organization in striking the right balance and setting the right conditions for your business to grow.
The Dr2 Academy offers a wide range of tailor-made services targeted to organizations and professionals active in public or private sectors and whose work is impacted by EU policies. The Dr2 Academy provides support in:
- Providing you with knowledge about how the EU institutions work, state-of-the-art Public Affairs strategies, innovative tools and instruments that are necessary for effective and efficient Public Affairs activities in Brussels and in the Member States;
- Empowering Public Affairs professionals through one-on-one coaching sessions in order to become more confident and independent in executing the job;
- Setting up the right organizational structure to (re)align internal dynamics and fully integrate Public Affairs activities into the daily business operations.
Policy and media monitoring is a time-intensive process. Public Affairs campaigning is more efficient when in-depth monitoring is executed daily. Dr2 Consultants has extensive experience and resources to monitor developments at EU level, providing a clear, concise and tailor-made monitoring service with all relevant political and legislative developments. Based on your needs, Dr2 Consultants also delivers targeted Public Affairs advice based on the monitoring services.
Our expertise in policy monitoring includes:
- Regular updates on latest developments of relevant policy areas;
- Up-to-date information on the status of decision-making process for each relevant file;
- Tailored overview of the opportunities and threats that can affect your business;
- A more effective and targeted stakeholder outreach with the help of tailored advice provided along with the monitoring services.
Dr2 Consultants has extensive experience in supporting organizations to fully integrate Public Affairs activities into their operations. Dr2 Consultants identifies relevant aspects of the workflow including procedures, information exchange and internal structures and realigns these dynamics in order to successfully integrate a Public Affairs strategy within the organization.
Our expertise in management consulting includes:
- A quick scan of existing Public Affairs activities and structures;
- Advice on how to best structure the Public Affairs activities;
- Support in implementing advice.
A well-established association includes a diverse membership and provides a platform for companies to cooperate with each other with an interest to speak with one voice in areas of common ground. Joining forces within an association enables the consolidation of the industry’s views and promotion of its message via coordinated Public Affairs activities with EU policy-makers and regulators.
Our expertise in association management includes:
- Establishing or restructuring associations;
- Setting up and managing the secretariat and representation in Brussels;
- Governing the working groups within the association;
- Strategic planning and defining Public Affairs strategies;
- Event management, communication and PR.
Furthermore, Dr2 Consultants is your ideal partner in offering flexible solutions to strengthen your organization. Our highly-skilled Public Affairs and communication colleagues are ready to support your organization either at the start of a new project, during an expansion, with temporary replacement, or when implementation of your Public Affairs and/or communication activities is needed.